Offers in this blog post are expired
Holiday Wine Tips
Courtesy of Catch 35’s Wine Boss, Carl Jensen:
WINE TIPS TO GET YOUR THROUGH THE HOLIDAYS
- If you are attending a holiday party, bring a bottle of red and a bottle of white, just in case the host prefers one to the other.
- The holidays are filled with extra costs so a great way to save money is to buy wine by the case, even local super markets will cut you a deal if you buy 6 or more bottles.
- To end your holiday meals, try a port or a sherry, they pair well with nutty and sweet desserts and are great nightcap during the cold months.
- The holidays, especially, New Year’s Eve call for some bubbly. Choose a quality sparkling wine from California. A good sparkling wine will cost a bit more but is great way to ring in the New Year!
- Go with this as your rule of thumb when pairing wine and food for a holiday party: The deeper the red wine color and flavor the richer the dish while white wines pair best with lighter dishes and vegetables and are a great start to a meal.