Offers in this blog post are expired
Enjoy the Best Summer Wines at Catch 35
When you think of the best seafood restaurants in the Chicago area, Catch 35 is at the top of the list. They are well known for their delicious fresh seafood and best summer wines. Now that summer is here, many diners like to kick back, relax and enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine with their meal. But which type of wine is the best choice during the warm weather season? There are many wonderful options available for you to try at Catch 35.
5 Facts about the Best Summer Wines
- A lot of people consider red wine a drink for winter and a rose for summer, but this is not true. In fact, some wine experts think it is just fine to enjoy rose year-round.
- Lighter bodied red wines or a chilled bottle of Riesling are appropriate for summer consumption. They can even be the spotlight at your summer meals.
- Many diners love to add a delicious wine to compliment their juicy steak or Maryland soft shell crab. Lighter red wines, whites and roses, along with champagne are perfect for warm weather dining.
- Wines that are high in acids and have lots of fruit flavor, such as apricots or pears, can fit right in to summer dining plans. When selecting a red wine, look for wines that are grown in cooler climates with a lighter taste. Some of the best bottles are from places like France, Italy, Walla Walla Wine region in Washington state, or Napa Valley and Sonoma County in California.
- White wine varieties suited for light summer meals include Chenin Blanc and Sauvignon Blanc. If you get tired of sampling roses or just want to try something different, reach for a Riesling. Its taste ranges anywhere from dry to acidic or even sweet. This versatility makes it a terrific pairing with most any type of food in any season. Pair it with some Alaskan Halibut for a real treat.
Wine specials and much more at Catch 35!
Summer wines should be light and refreshing. The variety you choose is usually based on your flavor preference and entrée. Catch 35 has been serving the best summer wines for many years, so you can always count on the highest of quality. Ask your server for recommendations of what wine to pair with your meal. Their friendly and knowledgeable staff will be happy to answer all your questions. In addition, when visiting our Naperville location on Thursdays-Catch 35 offers 1/2 of select wine bottles for some extra summer savings!